OOO-to-the-WEEEE! Trust me when I say I was supastoked when I was given the opportunity to review this FABULOUS African Queen dress by Little Tickle Boutique. I about squealed when I got the message. I remember like yesterday seeing a pic of that bad boy in my FB newsfeed, I went off! Well, Mommy Laura contacted me weeks later with the opportunity to review it and of course I said YES TO THE DRESS!! And now that we have it, we just heart, Heart, HEART IT!! The print is to die for!! Let’s get to it shall we?!?! EEEK! Here is a little something about Mommy Laura and Little Tickle Boutique (LTB) from the LTB Etsy Store:
My name is Laura, I am the designer and creator of the custom made clothing here in my shop. I get my inspiration from my sweet children, Victor and Sophia. I love to create items that are not only for special occasions but also comfy enough for daily trips to the park, daycare, or visit to grandmas house… I hope you find something special for your little love.
Awhhh! We love mommies doing their thing! Don’t the babies inspires us all?!?!?
Well first things first, I’ve got to share how this beauty came to us. Ya’ll know I am a sucker for some cute packaging. One can only imagine how excited I was to open my package to see this:
Game over!!! LOL! just playin’. But I did manage to perfectly slide the dress out from the ribbon for BBH try it on for size and totally repackaged it; issues, I know… Just thought this was a really nice touch. The back of the card briefly addresses garment care. Now let’s see what we have here:
African Queen Dress
- Price: $29.99 plus shipping
- Available Sizes/Fit: 6 months to 6 years. Note – dress was true to size. Not too short, not too long, neckline and sleeves were PERFECT!
- Quality: Very good. Nice clean hem lines and sturdy cotton material.
- Durability/Care Instructions: Very sturdy fabric. Does not wrinkle easily. My guess is that’s 100% cotton. Garment should be washed on gentle cycle in cold water, inside out.
- Versatility: Very versatile. It’s casual enough to pair with sandals but fancy enough for tights and little patent shoes. Has that church-eat-play factor where you dont feel the need to pack extra clothes for the day.
Seriously? This dress is SUPACUTE! BBH was so excited to wear it. She likes it because “it’s a Baby Big Hair with LIPSTICK”, lol! I love how from a distance it looks like a modern flower pattern, but as you approach it, BAM! BIG HAIR!! How fitting for any BBH!! She twirled, she jumped, she was just comfortable in it all day long. Note the contrasting sleeves, which is a nice touch and a bit unexpected. We received many compliments on Easter and while out and about on our FROTO shoot. EEEK! I LOVE THIS DRESS!!
African Queen Bow
- Price: To be determined (see below)
- Available Sizes/Fit: Made to order. We wanted ours BIG, and I mean BIG, and that’s how we got it lawd!
- Quality: Good. Even though I ripped that sucker open to remove the batting, it still held its shape.
- Durability/Care Instructions: Same as above.
- Versatility: Very versatile. Wear it, or don’t wear it! Fluff it up, or wear it relaxed. Plop it on top of BIG HAIR or off to the side.
OHGAAA! Ok so there is a back story here. When we received the dress, I was immediately IN LOVE! But within 24 hours I was craving a bow. Then one morning, I literally woke up thinking about a BIG BOW for all that BIG HAIR! I just couldn’t shake it, so I emailed Laura with my request. And she obliged!! I about fell out when I saw the pic she sent when it was completed (see below pic). Initially she had some batting in it to make it fuller, but with all this BIG HAIR going on over here, I decided to remove it as you see in the above pic (note openings where I took the batting out). Here it is as it was originally made…
It also came with a barrette type clasp in the back, but I removed that as well as you’ll note in the above pic. I thought a headband would be more versatile. I simply glued felt to the back and left an opening so I could slide the bow into position as needed on a slim headband.
We LOVE this dress and bow. The print is fabulous for obvious reasons and the dress design is nice, classic and comfy. Baby Big Hair felt like a queen in her Queen dress. OWEEE! Dont miss the upcoming FROTO shoot!! Please be sure to stop by Little Tickle Boutique’s FaceBook Page and tell her we sent you!! Until then, Little Tickle Boutique…