Bonjour!! So, quick post here on a technique I tried last month during our Frotective Challenge (yes, the Frotective Challenge, are you sick of my FC posts yet? LOL!!). shortly before the Challenge, I cam across this very interesting vid posted by Naptural 85 (mega grown BIG HAIR) on achieving the best twist out EVER (VER..Ver…ver)!!! Let’s peep the tutorial shall we?
- Start on stretched hair,
- Section off hair and lightly spritz detangle and add minimal product
- Flat twist each section by adding hair as you twist
- Twirl the ends to seal and wrap twisted section into a Bantu Knot
- Repeat last step until head is covered with Bantu Knots
- Unravel each twisted knot, wrap around head to stretch it, then pin it
- Repeat above until all twists are stretched and pinned around head
- Cover with scarf (if sleeping in the style)
- Unravel and BAY-UM!
Here are pics of our attempt of the above technique after stretching BBH’s Hair with Ghana Plaits. You’ll note my sections were smaller as I was working with parts we already had:
Un”knotted” twists wrapped and pinned around her head:
We covered with our silk cap overnight. And the big reveal after take down…
OO-to-theWEE, FABULOUSNESS!!! Was it the “Best Twist Out Ever?” Evah, Evah? Yes and no. This was a really good twist out no doubt. Especially for one night. It was indeed stretched and defined with gloss just right for dat floss. Had I left the twists in her hair just a day or two longer, we’d be talkin’ straight SLAM honey. NOT THAT I WASN’T swooning over the above results, just noting the inevitable. I know how BBH’s hair responds to “setting” over a course of a few days (example here). There’s just nothing like it. Those are our best twist outs, fro’sho. BUT for an overnight twist out. Yeah, this tutorial ROCKS!! Please believe it. Def put this on your list to try.