OWEEEEEE! “Anybody that know me” knows I LOVE ME some Beautiful Curls (BC). See our extensive review of their Curly to Kinky Line Products (all but a few) right here. I’ve been going strong w/BC products for twists for a good minute so when the opportunity came to try their new lotion and gel products, best believe I was like YESSSSSS?!?!?!? So what better time to give’em a whirl then refreshing BBH’s twists! Let me set this up right lawd . BBH had been rockin mini twists for just about a month. These were initially put in with BC’s Curl Activating Cream. Here’s a “before” pic from Labor Day weekend:
And fast forward about 4 weeks later, with touch ups done here and there at the top….
And underneath (dun, Dun, DUUUUNNN, lol!!) #NEWGROWTH Alrighty then, now that we have a point of reference, let’s get to it shall we?
**REFRESH AND REVIEW TIME!**
- Price: $6.99 for an 4oz tube. Whole Foods frequently has this product on sale. So far, like other BC products I’ve reviewed… a little goes a long way.
- Smell: Light to Medium. Shea Butter smelling, naturally…
- Consistency: Creamy lotion, not heavy thick, but rich thick
I spritzed BBH’s hair with a little water to help detangle her twist. I then applied just a “dab” of the lotion and worked it thru. Coverage was nice. The lotion does not have as much hold as the BC Activating Curl Cream, but that’s expected, it’s just lotion. The above pic shows the product’s coverage on hair, and then twisted by itself. Not bad. Veddy nice… NEXT!
- Price: $13.99 for an 8oz tube. Again, Whole Foods frequently has this product on sale. And just as stated before… a little goes a long way. As you can see, we’ve been using faithfully (in my hair as well).
- Smell: Strong Medium. I think it’s the Lavender Oil that is so distinct smelling with this one (and the Hydrating Curl Oil from our prior BC Review)
- Consistency: Gel type product (of course), almost opaque, and on the runny side (i.e. squeeze tube too hard and you’ll get ALOT!).